The Monthly Challenge will take place in January, March, April, June,
August, September, November, at the beginning of each meeting.
These competitions are held the months we do not have the regular
Print Competition and the socials. Photo check in starts around
6:15 to 6:30.
Monthly Challenge Competition rules
1. Each Challenge stands on its own. Members will vote on the photos
giving a 1(not good) to 10(excellent) point value. Judge the photo
individually not against the others.
2. Members only, one entry per member. Winners earn $20 prize
and will be announced at the next meeting.
3. Entries used in one competition can not be used in another, and
MUST have been taken within the last 12 months.
4. Sizes of photos must be between 8 x10 and 11 x 14 and must be
5. White mat only, no color added, no borders added to your picture.
Do not put any identifying marks or your name on the photo. We will
put a sticky note with a number for voting on it.
6. Photos may be black and white or color.
7. Post-Processing Guidelines
As a general guideline use of basic photographic techniques such as
dodging, burning, masking, spotting, toning, or sharpening only.
Adjustments may be made for exposure, contrast, color, or
saturation. Light healing or cloning may be used to remove small
distractions. No heavy manipulating such as layering photos, blending
multiples, multi shot panos or software filters such as Topaz or NIK.
8. Rules and theme will be posted for the voters.
January - Minimalist
March - Winter Scene
April - Moon
June - Abandoned
August - Beauty from Decay
September - Complimentary Colors
November - Cell Phone App
The Monthly Challenge is audience judged.
A.How it fits the theme- can you tell what the theme is in the
Children Playing in the Surf
by Linda Candilas